A few years back, the Village of Bellport approached us to redesign their website. We consulted with Village officials and staff to help design a site that provided easy access to services and information for residents and businesses, while also serving as a promotional website for visitors and prospective residents to showcase the beauty of the Village of Bellport and everything the village has to offer.
Along with a complete redesign and rebuild of the existing website, we also facilitated the move from a .com top-level domain (TLD) to a .gov. This recommendation was made to take advantage of the advanced search ranking signals associated with a .gov domain, as well as the authority conveyed by a government-issued and controlled domain registration.
Recently, we worked with the Village on a rebuild of the Bellport Village website. The rebuild was focused on:
- Improving upon existing functionality
- Reducing maintenance costs and turnaround times
- Extending the ability for Village staff to edit make changes and edit pages as needed
- Providing extended support to post updates and emergency alerts immediately to the site
- Promoting current events and activities within the Village
- Providing a unified calendar of events across all Village departments
The website is designed to serve as the primary method of communication between Village officials and the public. As such, it’s important we make sure public notices are communicated clearly and are easily found, and that the information contained on the site is as current and accurate as possible.